I am a lecturer in mathematics at the University of Hull. I obtained my PhD from Durham University under the supervision of Andrew Lobb, and was a postdoctoral fellow at McMaster and Syracuse Universities before coming to Hull. My full CV is available here.
My mathematical interests are in low-dimensional topology, including link homology and concordance.
I also have a blog about text book covers.
All comments very welcome.
- On knots that divide ribbon knotted surfaces with Hans U. Boden, Ceyhun Elmacioglu, Anshul Guha, Homayun Karimi, Yun-chi Tang, and Bryan Wang Peng Jun. Submitted. Preprint available here.
- Minimal crossing number implies minimal supporting genus with Hans U. Boden. Bull. Lond. Math. Soc. 53, 2021. Preprint available here.
- On ribbon graphs and virtual links with Scott Baldridge and Louis Kauffman. European J. Combin. 103, 2022. Preprint available here.
- Generalized Fishburn numbers and torus knots with Colin Bijaoui, Hans U. Boden, Beckham Myers, Robert Osburn, Aaron Tronsgard, and Shaoyang Zhou. J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 178, 2021. Preprint available here.
- Ascent concordance, Algebr. Geom. Topol. 21, no. 6, 2021. Preprint available here.
- A parity for 2-colourable links, Osaka J. Math. 58, no. 4, 2021. Preprint available here.
- Additional gradings on generalisations of Khovanov homology and invariants of embedded surfaces with Vassily Manturov, J. Knot Theory Ramifications 27 (9), 2018. Preprint available here.
- Computations of the slice genus of virtual knots, Topology Appl. 253, 2019. Preprint available here.
- Doubled Khovanov homology, Canad. J. Math. 70 (5), 2018. Preprint available here.
All course information distributed via Canvas.
- Spring 2023: Applied Complex Analysis.
- Autumn 2022: Differential Geometry.
At Syracuse University
- Spring 2022: MAT331 Linear Algebra I.
- Fall 2021: MAT296 Calculus II.
At McMaster University
- Winter 2021: 3T03 Inquiry in Topology.
- Fall 2020: 1B03 Linear Algebra I.
- Winter 2020: 3T03 Inquiry in Topology
- Winter 2020: 1ZC3 Engineering Mathematics II
- Winter 2019: 1B03 Linear Algebra 1/ 1ZC3 Engineering Mathematics II.
- Fall 2018: 2Z03 Engineering Mathematics III.